Thursday, February 4, 2016

Moving on...

It occurred to me recently, when I found myself reflecting with regret once again about my absence on 'Just Jubby', that perhaps its purpose had passed.

I published my first post in 2011 with great trepidation and fear and only felt secure enough due to my anonymity.

In slowly gaining traction in living more authentically and with a developing folio of work, I had been thinking that I might establish a website to showcase my art instead. A distant thought but I was reassured in believing in the possibility and moreover seeing it as fundamental to taking myself seriously as an Artist. There! I said it!

I don't believe in fate and there's too many people struggling and enduring unnecessary pain and hardship to believe that everything happens for a reason. However, what I find helps me to move forward with my work, is having trust. Not a blind trust that everything will be ok but just trusting enough in my potential and capability that I can be open to possibility and opportunity. This gives me hope.

And this hope helps me in situations when I do things like unintentionally delete the storage of my blog images. Aarrgghh! Initially I was disappointed and annoyed but then I realised that it didn't really matter and that in fact it was the permission I needed to move on!

So I'll leave you with this video that features Ann Hamilton, an artist that my tutor suggested I research due to some similarities in our work... well, other than the fame thing :)  I really appreciate her take on the obstacles to being a risk-taker and working with trust.


Thank you for being there!

2 comments:

  1. well i have thorougly enjoyed and been inspired by your blog adventure. It takes great courage to step out into the world and share something of yourself and I think just as much courageous to recognise when it's no longer serving you and is time to move on....well done and thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete