Sunday, September 1, 2013

Olson & Horwitz

Life here has continued its frenetic pace and as often happens for busy people who commence their blogging adventure with unrealistic ideas and high expectations, I have ultimately ended up neglecting mine. It was never meant to be a pressure but I have missed the rare chance that it affords me to stop and ponder!

Last weekend was a particularly stressful one. I felt exhausted and stretched, and unfortunately not in any way creatively. Then I came across this charming video about Nick Olson and Lilah Horwitz, who quit their jobs to build a house in the mountains (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWvemw0nj7k)

I felt renewed again and with the benefit of some glorious Spring-type weather this week, I have regained some composure.

Just need to remember to break it down, keep it simple and keep breathing...

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...good to have you back...you've been missed! Great video. A week in that house, gazing out of that magnificent wall of windows would certainly see the creativity flow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and there would be so much light to work with :) Thanks for dropping by Yenny!

      Delete
  2. well, I've just had a lovely trip out to the mountains with Lilah and Nick...what a magical place they've created :)
    Thanks for the inspiration, nice to just take some time out for some "fresh air"and take a deep breath...yes "Ahhhh" indeed!

    ReplyDelete